Multi-Sword Online and Doba Time are hosts to the Doba Time Online Tournament, or DTOT. This tournament is open to the public for participation and spectating. Check out the DTOT Forums for more information, and for free agents seeking a team for the tournament.
Note: There are currently no upcoming Doba Time Tournaments scheduled. You can keep updated on our Twitter for any announcements for future tournaments.
M-SO Tournament Rules:
The following are rules and procedures to be followed throughout all M-SO hosted Dota 2 tournaments:
- All games will be played in Captains Mode.
- In the event of a pause, each team must confirm they are ready to continue before resuming.
- Tournament games are to be created and managed by a M-SO staff member or M-SO designated representative. (Hereby referred to as M-SO Staff)
- If a player disconnects and cannot reconnect, the game will be played in full and withstand all merit.
- A team may pause the game during a disconnect as long as the missing player is attempting to return to the game.
- In the event that there is a problem with the match, a M-SO Staff Member may force a game reset.
- If the game's draft has occurred, the new match will be started in All-Pick. Players are to pick the same heroes as the previous match.
- Low-bracket games are played on a "Best of 3" basis.
- The tournament finals will be played on a "Best of 5" basis.
- Tournament games are to be on a two minute Dota 2 TV delay. Cheats are to be disabled in Tournament games.
- Only players, broadcasters, and M-SO Staff are permitted to join the game lobby. All others must watch through Dota 2 TV or Twitch TV. (If the tournament is being streamed.)
- Teams are not permitted to watch the Twitch TV or Dota 2 TV stream of a game that they are currently playing in.
- Teams are not allowed to receive any outside information in any way during a tournament game. Teams are permitted but not required to use the M-SO Teamspeak 3 server or Discord server for team communications. Encrypted communication channels can be provided by request.
- Starting team and side selection is to be determined by a coin toss in the game lobby.
- The winner of the coin toss is given the choice to select who picks first, or to select their team. The losing team gains the other selection power.
- Ex: Teams DOBA and SKELETON are playing. DOBA wins the coin toss. DOBA selects to pick first, so SKELETON gets to pick the Radiant team.
- In the second game, the team which lost the original coin toss gets the choice to select who picks first, or to select their team. The other team gains the other selection power.
- In the event that a game continues to game 3, a new coin toss is initiated, following the same rules as stated above.
- Teams are permitted to submit stand-ins to their team, however M-SO Staff must be alerted of the active roster change before the match begins.
- Stand-ins must be registered with the team before the tournament begins.
- If a team does not have 5 registered players or stand-ins available 15 minutes after the game's scheduled time, this team must forfeit the game.